Rural museum Herborn-Seelbach

museum Herborn Seelbach

On initiative of citizens of the district Seelbach and committees, the reconstruction "Alte Schule" (Old School), a half timbered building originating from the year 1602, has been started in 1985 with the aim to create a suitable locality for a museum. After reconstruction, which lasted 3 years and was settled in 1988, the localities for the museum, a communal library, an assembly room and a room for smaller festivities for the citizens have been completed. The museum has been equipped by the home- and history-club of Seelbach and shows exposés of the history of the village, such as:

  • furniture and other equipment and tools
  • agricultural, craft- and mining tools and historical documents
  • mineralogical findings from the area of Seelbach and all over the world

Opening hours:  on appointment only
Appointment telephone: 02772 / 61552 or 62176
Admission-fee:  free of charge